Feb. 5, 2013
Philadelphia Soul Press Release
PHILADELPHIA - The American Conference Champion Philadelphia Soul and the Indoor Gridiron League (IGL), through JAKIB Media LLC, announce the agreement of a partnership for the second season that continues the first semi-pro indoor football league in the country that has the direct endorsement of a professional football team.
The IGL is a developmental indoor football league consisting of twelve teams (expanding from nine teams in Year One) and a 12-week season that will run from April through July 2013. Part of the relationship with the Soul will include:
- IGL teams will have an opportunity to play games at the Wells Fargo Center following a home Soul game in 2013
- IGL players will get a VIP Soul season ticket
- IGL players receive a private tryout in front of members of the Soul coaching staff
- A cash prize for the 2013 league champion and the presentation of the "Soul Cup"
- All Players will receive current Game Film
"Without semi-pro football, there would be no Arena Football League," said AFL commissioner Jerry Kurz last season when the partnership was created. "Nearly 100 percent of the players used in the original test games of Arena Football were taken from minor league teams. This is an opportunity for players that didn't make the league's limited roster spaces to hone their skills and continue to play football to get to the next level."
The IGL tryout is scheduled for Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 8:30 p.m. and will be held at the Suburban Sports Training Center (1032 Conshohocken Rd., Conshohocken, PA 19428). Players interested in more information about the IGL or how they can get a tryout with the IGL, can contact Henry Racich at IGL@philadelphiasoul.com.